ACT tutoring from MyGuru is a customized experience featuring 1-1 instruction from a recognized expert (delivered in your home or a local library). Students are asked to purchase the Real ACT Prep Guide prior to their first session and complete a diagnostic practice ACT exam to identify strengths and weaknesses.
The first session involves a review of this diagnostic test, an overview of each section of the test, and development of a study plan. This is followed by a series of 1-2 hour sessions in which strategies for each section of the test are reviewed & practice problems are completed. A full package provides a total of 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 ACT test tutoring, including the review of practice tests the student completes on their own time to measure and track progress. We recommend that MyGuru's students primarily leverage official study materials from ACT.org. In this article, we share our recommended ACT preparation materials.
Of course, MyGuru also offers hourly ACT tutoring – just fill out the form below or email us at email@example.com to discuss your situation.
Customized, 1-on-1 Expert Instruction
All ACT Prep is delivered by an expert with multiple years of ACT tutoring experience and a 95th percentile ACT score or better. Here is some background on one of our expert ACT tutors:
- Received her BA in Economics from Duke University & an MA in Public Policy from Georgetown
- Scored in the 98th percentile on the ACT and SAT
- Currently a PhD student in Human Development and Social Policy at Northwestern University
- Has served as an instructor for both the ACT & SAT for several of the large, nationally recognized test prep firms
- Work experience with Chicago Public Schools and the Federal Department of Education
"My daughters ACT score went up six points after the tutoring started. We were very pleased with the outcome and realize this was a big jump that is not normal but is achievable with hard work." - Bruce T.
"My son was able to pull his ACT score up by 4 points and he strongly believes it was a result of the tutoring with MyGuru. This was our first experience with tutoring and I will say MyGuru has set a high standard and has us spoiled. The tutor was excellent with his delivery of the materials to my son and keeping me in the loop after each of their sessions... My son had such a positive experience with MyGuru that he would like to consider them again for future tutoring needs if they ariese. Overall, we had a very positive experience working with MyGuru.." - Zandra D.
"My original ACT score was a 28, and after 2 weeks of tutoring, I got a 30! My math section went from a 24 to a 29." - Mary F.
Click here to read more reviews from students who have invested in private ACT tutoring.
Our 15 Hour ACT Tutoring Package
Our package costs $1,049. This includes:
- An official test prep book written by the creators of the ACT – The Real ACT Prep Guide
- 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 instruction from an expert MyGuru tutor
- A 10% discount of any future or “last minute” 1-1 ACT tutoring beyond the 15 hours
- An introductory college admissions strategy discussion with a MyGuru partner
- A college financial aid planning session with Collegian Financial Group
We encourage you to check around for a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 ACT Test prep from an instructor like Constance can run well north of $125 at other companies. If you prefer to simply invest in ACT tutoring by the hour, we charge $85, with 5, 10, or 15% discounts for investing in 5, 10, or 15 hours in advance – that’s $72.25 for a long term tutoring relationship of 15+ hours.
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.