In the first post of our SAT review video series, we approach working through a standard reading comprehension question.
The SAT reading comprehension section can often be a time crunch for many students. This video demonstrates a systematic approach to quickly reading and analyzing a passage in order to answer questions.
Key takeaways from this video:
- Always read the introduction blurb as it gives background information. Look for asterisks, footnotes, and details hidden within the passage.
- Briefly summarize what you’ve read after each naturally occurring section. This can assist you in answering the questions about the details of the passage quickly.
- Skim the descriptions, these are less important than main ideas or action statements.
- Look for reasons to eliminate answers and always read all the choices.
- For questions asking about the meaning of the word, first try to identify the meaning of the word within the passage before reading the answer choices.