In-Person and Online SAT Test Prep Tutoring
Our private in-person or online SAT tutors will help you or your child develop a customized study plan that includes practice problems, official practice tests, and weekly tutoring sessions to review both key concepts and test-taking strategies.
We believe that group SAT prep classes provide little more than what's found in self-study materials, that 1-on-1 SAT tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, and that the large test prep firms have made 1-on-1 instruction virtually unaffordable. We also believe that our approach to online instruction provides a more dynamic and intuitive experience than anything else in the online SAT test prep market regardless of price.
Our Approach to Online SAT Tutoring
Students only need a free Gmail or Skype account to begin instructive videoconferencing where both tutor and student can react to verbal and non-verbal cues making each lesson feel like it's being conducted in person.
All tactics and techniques are demonstrated by our expert tutors on a shared virtual whiteboard where students follow along with the instructor as a guest using nothing more than a laptop and an internet connection...
...but students can also sign up for their own personal whiteboard, so they can use a pen tablet to work on problems live with their instructor and access all past sessions to review any problem they've covered at any time.
- Most importantly, whether you choose your own or shared whiteboard, all SAT sessions are recorded as digital documents, so students can review lessons to reinforce concepts and approaches.
- After each session our students get two texts to review - The Official SAT Study Guide and a digital copy of that day's whiteboard filled with notes and tips specifically tailored for them to refer to forever.
For these reasons and more, MyGuru online SAT tutoring isn't just comparable to in-person SAT tutoring, it's often better. Read more about our on online tutoring methods here.
See our video below for an example online SAT lesson, given by our Director of Online Tutoring, Stefan Maisnier.
Our base rate for working with an online SAT tutor is $95 (already a slight discount from our in-person SAT tutoring rate), but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $95 × 85% = $80.75 per hour for a 15-hour package at a total cost of $80.75 × 15 hours = $1,211.25.
We encourage you to check around for a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 SAT tutoring can run well above $150 per hour at comparable companies.
We are confident our solution represents strong value for the money – it combines the best of what’s available from the creators of the SAT with an expert MyGuru SAT tutor to create an affordable, yet high quality and customized SAT test prep solution.
Customized SAT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
Much of our private SAT tutoring is delivered by a true SAT expert, Mike S. His background includes
- BA from Columbia University
- 97th percentile or better on every test he teaches including the ACT, SAT, GRE and GMAT
- Five years of independent tutoring and classroom experience teaching the GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, other state-specific standardized tests
- Believes great tutoring is always rooted in listening to a student's needs and concerns and working with that student as a team to solve those problems
- He has helped committed students improve by 9+ points on their ACT and 400+ points on the SAT
Mike will assess your starting point and work with to develop a customized study plan to help prepare for the SAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.Premium online SAT tutoring, instructed by our Director of Online Tutoring, is also available including:
- Private whiteboard allowing:
- Student whiteboard editing
- 24/7 whiteboard access to leave notes and questions for instructor
- Unlimited space to keep all session notes without ever erasing
- Full session screen-capture recording and video hosting:
- Hosted for duration of instruction and 30 days after
- Serialized by lesson