In-Person and Online SAT Prep
We believe the best SAT prep comes via private SAT tutoring. In-person or online SAT tutoring from an expert SAT coach is the most effective, efficient way to improve your SAT score. An SAT tutor helps students develop customized study plans that include practice problems, official practice tests, and weekly tutoring sessions covering key concepts and SAT test-taking strategies.
SAT Coaching Options and Tutoring Rates
We offer in-person tutoring in major US cities (New York, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.). However, we often recommend online tutoring because it offers more convenience and functionality for students and tutors alike.
For students seeking an immersive learning experience, premium online tutoring includes entire session recording and a 24 hours a day, seven days a week live private whiteboard where students can post questions for their SAT tutor to respond to in-between tutoring sessions. With all online tutoring offerings, a .PDF of the whiteboard notes is emailed after each session for reference.
Discounts of greater than 15% off the above base rates are available when you invest in packages of hours in advance. We also offer a ~20 minute free introductory phone call (for in-person tutoring) or virtual meeting (for online tutoring) with your likely tutor for you to share more details on your situation and ask questions before paying for an initial hour.
Our Approach to SAT Test Prep Tutoring
Students are asked to purchase the The Official SAT Study Guide prior to their first session. They complete a diagnostic practice SAT exam to identify strengths and weaknesses. The first session involves a review of this diagnostic test with your SAT tutor and collaborative development of a study plan to guide your SAT training. Consideration is given to your starting point, target score, unique strengths and weaknesses, test date, and schedule. After the initial meeting, there will be a series of 1-2 hour sessions (a full course of SAT tutoring can be anywhere from 10-40 hours, depending on your starting point and goals) in which strategies for each section of the SAT are reviewed, previously assigned homework is reviewed, and practice problems are completed.
To learn more or be connected with an SAT tutor, please fill out the form below.
Request More Info about Private SAT Tutoring
How We Approach SAT Tutoring Online
We believe the best online SAT prep occurs via customized online SAT tutoring (not self-paced apps or a large virtual online SAT prep course). Our approach to SAT online coaching provides a more dynamic and intuitive experience than anything else in the online SAT test prep market. See our SAT reading comprehension strategies video below for an example online SAT lesson, given by our Director of Online Tutoring.
- Students only need a free Gmail or Skype account to begin preparing for the SAT online
- All SAT strategies are demonstrated by expert SAT tutors on a shared virtual whiteboard
- Notes from all SAT coaching sessions are recorded as digital documents for later review.
- After each session our students get two texts to review - The Official SAT Study Guide and a digital copy of that day's whiteboard filled with notes and tips specifically tailored for them to refer to forever.
For these reasons and more, online SAT tutoring isn't just comparable to in-person SAT tutoring, it's often better.
For students seeking an immersive SAT prep experience, premium online SAT tutoring includes full session recording and a 24/7 live private whiteboard as referenced above. Of course with all online SAT prep offerings, a .PDF document capturing the whiteboard notes is emailed after each session for continued reference - a unique study resource not available through in-person instruction.
Example SAT Coach
Much of our 1 on 1 SAT tutoring is delivered by Mike S. , who is both an in-person and virtual SAT tutor. Mike's background includes:
- BA from Columbia University
- 97th percentile or better on every test he teaches including the ACT, SAT, GRE and GMAT
- Five years of independent tutoring and classroom experience teaching the GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, other state-specific standardized tests
- Believes great tutoring is always rooted in listening to a student's needs and concerns and working with that student as a team to solve those problems
- He has helped committed students improve by 9+ points on their ACT and 400+ points on the SAT
Our SAT coaches work collaboratively with you to customize a study plan so you know how to study for the SAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the SAT
Check out our SAT blog for the latest student testimonials, SAT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on college admissions. Example articles include: