Private Online GMAT Tutoring
Online Tutoring is Affordable, Convenient, and as Effective as In-Person Tutoring
Online GMAT prep from MyGuru leverages The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2019 Bundle (Official Guide + Verbal Guide + Quantitative Guide). We recommend the eBook to build good habits, given the GMAT is delivered via computer.
Our GMAT tutoring approach begins with a diagnostic session. This session is then used to create a customized study plan designed to help build upon each student's strengths and address key weaknesses, while incorporating official practice GMAT exams to track progress.
Our base rate for online GMAT tutoring of $95 is a slight discount from our in-person rate, and we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $95 × 85% = $80.75 per hour, so if you choose a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $80.75 × 15 hours = $1,211.25. We encourage you to check around for a better value as typical hourly rates for comparable one-on-one GMAT prep can run well above $150 per hour at comparable companies.
How Studying Online for the GMAT Works
We believe that group classes provide little more than what's found in self-study materials, that 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, and that the large test prep firms have made 1-on-1 instruction virtually unaffordable. We also believe that our approach to online instruction provides a more instructive and intuitive experience than anything else in the online test prep market regardless of price. After each session our students get two texts to review — The Official Guide and a digital copy of that day's whiteboard filled with notes and tips specifically tailored for them to refer to forever.
Students only need a free Gmail or Skype account to begin instructive videoconferencing where both tutor and student can react to verbal and non-verbal cues making each lesson feel like it's being conducted in person.
All tactics and techniques are demonstrated by our expert tutors on a shared virtual whiteboard where students follow along with the instructor as a guest using nothing more than a laptop and an internet connection...
...but students can also sign up for their own personal whiteboard, so they can use a pen tablet to work on problems live with their instructor and access all past sessions to review any problem they've covered at any time.
- Most importantly, whether you choose your own or shared whiteboard, all GMAT sessions are recorded as digital documents, so students can review lessons to reinforce concepts and approaches.
Online tutoring requires nothing beyond a laptop, internet, and scratch paper (just like the GMAT!), so computer-based tutoring builds good habits for test day such as writing down process of elimination outlines and taking good notes for reading comprehension rather than simply annotating the text on a physical GMAT Official Guide book. ...
...and using a laptop with eBook materials eliminates the need to carry pounds of heavy books every time you want to study, which allows you to review content or even have a session anywhere you bring your laptop bag.
For these reasons and more, MyGuru online GMAT tutoring isn't just comparable to face-to-face tutoring, it's often better. To read more about our perspective on online tutoring click here.
Premier online tutoring, instructed by our Director of Online Tutoring, is also available including:
- Private whiteboard allowing:
- Student whiteboard editing
- 24/7 whiteboard access to leave notes and questions for instructor
- Unlimited space to keep all session notes without ever erasing
- Full session screen-capture recording and video hosting:
- Hosted for duration of instruction and 30 days after
- Serialized by lesson
Real Online GMAT Results
Click here for more online GMAT reviews.
Customized GMAT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
We have a growing team of trained online experts, but much of our online GMAT tutoring is delivered by a true GMAT expert, MyGuru's Director of Online Tutoring, Stefan. His background includes:
- BA, University of Southern California
- MS, Northwestern University
- 14+ years of test-prep tutoring experience with large, nationally recognized test-prep firms (and now, MyGuru)
- Consistently achieves GMAT scores of 770+ on the official GMAT, unofficial 3rd party exams, and GMATPrep exams
- Dozens of previous GMAT students have scored 700+ gaining acceptance into top business schools such as University of Chicago - Booth and Harvard Business School
- Experience teaching all levels also placing students at mid-tier institutions such as Wake Forest and Villanova
- Expert at all sections of the GMAT, including the most recent version of the exam
- Has his own proprietary study schedules, worksheets, and approach to delivering online GMAT tutoring effectively
Stefan will assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to prepare for the GMAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the GMAT
Check out our GMAT blog for the latest student testimonials, GMAT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on MBA admissions. Example articles include: