Private Online DAT (Dental Admissions Test) Tutoring
Online Tutoring is Affordable, Convenient, and as Effective as In-Person Tutoring
Online DAT tutoring from MyGuru leverages materials and practice problems from the DAT prep book with two online practice tests. We begin with a diagnostic initial session to identify key strengths and weaknesses, an overview of each section of the DAT, and the development of a detailed study plan and a customized lesson plan designed to build upon your strengths and address your weaknesses. Throughout the course of tutoring, we teach effective and proven test-taking strategies while review key content material in order to help boost your score. Periodic official DAT practice tests are incorporated in the customized lesson plans to help track progress of content retention and to hone key DAT test-taking strategies.
DAT Tutor Information Request
Key Beliefs about Studying for the DAT
We believe that:
- class-based tutoring provide little new information that isn’t contained in self-study materials
- 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, making possible continuous, targeted improvement
- the large well-branded test prep firms have made 1-on-1 test prep virtually unaffordable
Whether you choose in-person or online DAT tutoring, customized instruction can help you build your skills far more rapidly than self-study or large group classes.
Online DAT Tutoring Increases Efficiency and Creates New Learning Options
Online tutoring is a form of tutoring that some students hesitate to engage in. While we of course understand this perspective, we ask students to take into consideration a few things about the online tutoring experience:
- With a good internet connection, the online experience can be similar to an in-person experience, in that you can "read and respond" to your tutor's verbal and non-verbal cues
- Writing on a virtual whiteboard can be very similar to writing on physical scratch paper
- Removing the requirement to travel to a physical location often saves both the student and the tutor time and money...
- ...and also tends to open up more scheduling options for both parties
- In some cases, online MCAT tutoring sessions can be recorded, so the student can review lessons to reinforce the concept or approach
For these reasons, in our view, online tutoring is just as good as face-to-face tutoring. In fact, it might be better. To read more about our perspective on online tutoring click here.
Customized DAT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
Our tutor team at MyGuru offers the highest caliber tutors at a lower price than many of the large tutoring companies. For example, consider Eric, one of our most experienced DAT tutors:
- B.S. in Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, UCLA
- D.M.D., M.P.H., A.T. Still University (2010-2014)
- Residency in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, NYU (2015-present)
- 3+ years tutoring experience in Math, Science, English, SAT, and DAT prep
- > 90th percentile DAT score
Our online DAT tutors will assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to help you reach your target score on the DAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our base rate for online DAT tutoring is $90, but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $90 × 85% = $76.50 per hour, which is what we always charge for the first session. If you then choose to continue with a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $76.50 × 15 hours = $1,147.50.
We encourage you to check around for a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 DAT test prep from instructors like ours can run near $200.