In-Person and Online CFA Tutoring
Studying for the CFA can be daunting. An in-person or online CFA tutor can guide your CFA prep efforts and make the process of passing the level 1, 2, and 3 exams more manageable. As you may have heard, it can take an average of 300 hours to study for and pass the level 1 CFA exam. It's important to therefore be as efficient as possible in your CFA test prep efforts. Working with a professional CFA coach can help.
We have CFA tutors in Chicago, New York, and Boston, and also provide online CFA tutoring to students across the globe.
In-Person & Online CFA Tutoring Rates and Coaching Options
We recommend online CFA tutoring because of its convenience (many CFA students and tutors are also working full-time jobs) and, with the use of our online tools, effectiveness.
For students seeking a truly immersive learning experience, our premium online tutoring includes full session recording and a 24/7 live private whiteboard where students can leave notes and interact with their CFA coach between lessons.
Discounts of greater than 15% off the above base rates are available when you invest in packages of hours in advance. We also offer a ~20 minute free introductory phone call (for in-person tutoring) or virtual meeting (for online CFA training) with your likely tutor for you to share more details on your situation and ask questions before paying for a initial hour. Please fill out the form below for more details on pricing and package options.
Request More Info About CFA Tutoring
Online CFA Tutoring Platform
Our approach to online CFA prep involves audio and/or video chat using WebEx, Google Hangouts, Zoom, or Skype. We combine this platform with a preferred online whiteboard from Miro. Our approach allows for:
- A shared whiteboard that functions as seamlessly as pen and paper
- Screen sharing for PowerPoint or excel document review and usage
- Capturing each session's notes as a PDF
- Optional recording of the entire session for later review
Here is a preview of the whiteboard we can use for online CFA tutoring:
Experienced CFA Tutors
Private CFA tutoring is delivered by a CFA coach with significant relevant professional, academic, and tutoring experience. Our CFA tutors approach the tutoring process professionally, maintaining an active roster of CFA students and keeping up with changes to learning objectives and notes published by the CFA Institute.
Here’s the background of one potential tutor, Doug:
- B.S from the University of Illinois in Accounting
- MBA from the University of Chicago
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- 10+ years as an executive level finance professional in a large corporation
- Has provided private CFA tutoring to dozens of students
- Experience with both in-person and online CFA prep
Customized 1-on-1 CFA Prep
Your CFA tutor will assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to help you prepare for the CFA as efficiently as possible. Here at MyGuru, our main goal is obviously for your tutor to help you master the financial, accounting, and economics content, but we also find our tutors becoming mentors and general guides as students embark upon the process of studying for the CFA.
New Self-Paced Online CFA Prep Option
We also partner with Analyst Prep to deliver private CFA tutoring alongside their industry leading self-paced CFA prep. Their CFA exam prep platform features:
- A large and growing question bank for all three CFA levels
- High quality video lessons from award winning CFA instructors
- Mock exams
- Study notes
- Unlimited email-based tutoring
- Optional live CFA tutoring
Click the log below to learn more.