MCAT tutoring from MyGuru is a customized experience featuring 1-1 instruction from a recognized expert. Students are asked to purchase the Official Guide to the MCAT written by the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) prior to their first session and complete a diagnostic practice exam to identify strengths and weaknesses.
The first session involves a review of this diagnostic test, an overview of each section of the MCAT, and the development of a study plan. This is followed by 1-on-1 sessions in which test taking strategies for each section of the MCAT are reviewed. Finally, the student completes a practice test, which is then reviewed with the tutor during the final session.
Customized, 1-1 Expert Instruction
All MyGuru MCAT Prep Packages are delivered by established MCAT experts. Here is some background on one of our Expert MCAT tutors, Andrew:
- Several years of experience as a private tutor in chemistry and biology
- Scored in the 94th percentile on the MCAT
- Experience teaching MCAT classes with a major national test prep firm
- Several years of private MCAT tutoring experience
- Currently a first year medical student at Chicago Medical School
- Possesses in depth, detailed knowledge of both the MCAT and the medical school application process
Our base rate for private MCAT tutoring is $99, but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $99 × 85% = $84.15 per hour. After the first session, if you then choose to continue with a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $84.15 × 15 hours = $1,262.25.
We encourage you to check around for a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 MCAT Test prep from instructors like ours can run near $200.
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.