Our private math tutors are extremely experienced. While some focus on younger students, others prefer the challenge of helping PhD candidates with advanced topics. All are strong communicators, capable of breaking down complex concepts with a focus on teaching the core skills you need to learn to perform well not just in your current course, but also in future mathematics courses or the quantitative sections of standardized tests you may need to take in the future.
At the same time, they recognize that you may be struggling to complete a math assignment that's due tomorrow or prepare for a near-term quiz or test, and so we balance core mathematics skill development with getting you through your current math class.
Here’s an overview of one of our most experienced mathematics tutors in Chicago, John E:
- Degrees in English & Math from Indiana University, M.S. from University of Illinois - Chicago
- Published a best-selling guide to Finite Math at the University book store while at Indiana
- Former head of the Mathematics department at a private high school
- Currently publishing quantitative guides to the major standardized tests: ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT
- Has provided private math tutoring to >100 students
Janelle is an experienced mathematics tutors in Boston:
- Economics; Management Science (Finance Concentration) from MIT
- Education Policy & Program Evaluation (in progress) from Harvard
- Math and economics tutoring experience at MIT
- Specializes in various math courses (algebra, geometry, pre-calc, and calculus.)
- Also has extensive knowledge of most economics and finance courses
Of course, we have other math tutors available in New York, Minneapolis, Houston, and several other cities. We also offer online mathematics tutoring using a simple yet highly effective online tutoring system that produces a PDF of the notes from the electronic whiteboard after each session.
Over the past several years, we’ve helped math students succeed in:
- Algebra and Pre-algebra
- Finite math
- Pre-calculus and calculus (AB calculus, BC calculus, and Calculus 1/2/3)
- Linear algebra and differential equations
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.