ACT Tutors in Chicago
ACT tutoring is one of the most important services we provide in the Chicago area. All of our tutors start by listening to the student describe their experience with the ACT, target test date, perceived strengths and weaknesses, and target ACT score. By also reviewing previous official ACT scores or recent practice tests, they collaborate with the student to design a customized ACT study plan.
Our team of ACT tutors in Chicago includes:
- B.A. in Political Science, Philosophy, Loyola University
- M.A. in Social Sciences, University of Chicago
- Current PhD Student, University of Illinois - Chicago
- Official 95th percentile test scores or better on the: ACT (33), GRE (161 Verbal; 160 Quant; 5.5 Writing)
- Tutors for: Math, ACT, GRE, English, Writing, Social Studies; Study, Organization & Time Management Skills
- B.A. in Biology, Northwestern University
- ACT: 36, SAT: 2360, SAT II (biology): 800, SAT II (Math II): 800, MCAT: 520
- Tutored throughout high school and college in various subjects (math, science, pre-med) as well as ACT prep
- B.A. in Modern Culture and Media (Film Theory, Film Production, Philosophy), Brown University
- M.A. in Modern Culture and Media (Continental Philosophy and Critical Theory)
- ACT: 35 (English, 33; Math, 35; Reading, 36; Science, 35)
- Worked as a TA at Brown University for four years and as an instructor for Summer@Brown courses
- B.A. in Physics, B. M. in Trumpet, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Currently pursuing graduate degree in Music Performance
- ACT: 35
- Years of experience as a tutor in science and math. Also a peer tutor for the Physics program at Roosevelt University
- B.A. in Mathematics, B.A. in Music from Washington University in St. Louis
- ACT: 36, SAT: 2280
- Has tutored for over 5 years and was a TA throughout college
- B.S. in Actuarial Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- ACT: 34
- Over 3 years tutoring experience: 2 years teaching English in France, 1 year tutoring actuarial science, test prep tutoring experience as well
- B.A. in Film Studies, Columbia University
- GRE: 332, ACT: 36, SAT: 1560 (all 99th percentile scores)
- 5 years experience tutoring & teaching: SAT, ACT, GRE,SSAT, ISEE, state-specific standardized tests
- For Mike, great tutoring is always rooted in listening to a student's needs and concerns and working with that student as a team to solve those problems.
- B.A. in English Language and Literature, University of Chicago
- 99th percentile test scores - ACT: 36 (perfect composite score on an official ACT), Official 99th percentile GMAT score, Unofficial 99th percentile GRE, SAT, and HSPT scores
- Worked as a teaching assistant at many public schools in Chicago
- Has also worked for C2 Education as a test prep (SAT, ACT, GRE, SSAT, CPS Selective Enrollment, etc.) and subject tutor
- 2+ years of private test prep tutoring with MyGuru
- B.A. in Journalism/History, Northwestern University
- Official 95th percentile or better standardized test scores on the: ACT, SAT, and GRE
- Experience tutoring for the ACT, SAT, GRE and college-level US history
This is not an exhaustive list of our Chicago-based ACT tutors, but should provide a sense for the quality and experience level of our team in Chicago.
Interested in hiring an ACT tutor?
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the ACT
Check out our ACT/SAT & college admissions blog for the latest student testimonials, concept reviews, problem explanations, and advice on admissions.