In-Person or Online ACT Tutoring
We are a leading provider of one-on-one, personalized ACT tutoring delivered in-person or online. Through our online tutoring platform with no sign-in videoconferencing and a cutting-edge live whiteboard, we also offer fully-recorded premium tutoring and small group online ACT instruction.
You can expect a MyGuru ACT tutor to have more experience than those at almost any other provider, including Magoosh, Kaplan, or Manhattan Prep, while our hourly tutoring rates are generally 50% below those of our major competitors.
ACT Tutoring Rates and Coaching Options
Our in-person ACT tutoring is offered in a growing number of cities (including New York, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis) because we do recognize that some students simply prefer to meet a tutor locally. However, we do generally recommend online tutoring because it offers improved instructional functionality and convenience for both students and tutors.
For students seeking a truly immersive learning experience, our premium online tutoring offers full session recording and 24/7 access to a private whiteboard where students can leave notes and interact with their ACT coach between lessons.
Discounts of greater than 15% off our base hourly rates are available for investing in packages of 10, 20, or 40 hours of instruction. We also offer a free no-commitment introductory phone call or videoconference with your likely tutor to share details on your situation and ask questions.
Request More Information about ACT Tutoring
How Online ACT Tutoring Works
We believe our approach to online ACT training provides a more intuitive and personalized experience than any other ACT instruction option. After every MyGuru online session each student has a minimum of two resources to review - The Official ACT Prep Guide and a digital copy of that day's whiteboard filled with study notes and ACT strategies specifically tailored to each student. Furthermore, our tutors are familiar with a multitude of available ACT prep resources, so we can curate a specific set of supplemental content and practice tailored to each student's specific needs.
- Students only need to click a link from their ACT coach to launch a video conference where both tutor and student can react to verbal and non-verbal cues
- All ACT test taking strategies are demonstrated exactly as they should be executed on test day by our expert tutors on the dynamic shared whiteboard
- By using digital practice resources, our tutors can copy and paste practice content directly onto the whiteboard to annotate and provide tips just like they would on a textbook
Professional ACT Tutors
We believe that we have the best ACT tutors around. Much of our online and Boston in-person ACT tutoring is delivered by Steve M. whose background includes:
- B.A. in Political Science, University of Rochester, M.A. Archaeology, Durham University, United Kingdom, Ph.D. Archaeology, University College London, Postdoc in Archaeology at the Spanish National Research Council
- 98th percentile or better scores on the SAT & ACT
- Tutored a variety of subjects for over 12 years, both independently and with firms including Kaplan, Summit Educational Group, and Chyten
- Tutoring style emphasizes creative and critical thinking
Our tutors assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to help you reach your target score on the GRE as efficiently and effectively as possible. Please feel free to explore additional profiles of other online ACT tutors.
Example ACT Tutoring Reviews
For more real ACT reviews click here.
Additional Resources to Prepare for the ACT
To read about how our ACT tutors help people develop skills and strategies for passing the ACT, click here. Check out our ACT blog for the latest student testimonials, ACT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on college admissions. Example articles include: