Private Online ACT Tutoring
Online Tutoring is Affordable, Convenient, and as Effective as In-Person Tutoring
We believe that group classes provide little more than what's found in self-study materials, that 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, and that the large test prep firms have made 1-on-1 instruction virtually unaffordable. We also believe that our approach to online instruction provides a more dynamic and intuitive experience than anything else in the online test prep market regardless of price. After each session our students get two texts to review - The Official ACT Prep Guide and a digital copy of that day's whiteboard filled with notes and tips specifically tailored for them to refer to forever.
Students only need a free Gmail or Skype account to begin instructive videoconferencing where both tutor and student can react to verbal and non-verbal cues making each lesson feel like it's being conducted in person.
All tactics and techniques are demonstrated by our expert tutors on a shared virtual whiteboard where students follow along with the instructor as a guest using nothing more than a laptop and an internet connection...
...but students can also sign up for their own personal whiteboard, so they can use a pen tablet to work on problems live with their instructor and access all past sessions to review any problem they've covered at any time.
- Most importantly, whether you choose your own or shared whiteboard, all ACT sessions are recorded as digital documents, so students can review lessons to reinforce concepts and approaches.
For these reasons and more, MyGuru online ACT tutoring isn't just comparable to face-to-face tutoring, it's often better. Read more about our on online tutoring methods here.
Our base rate for online ACT prep of $90 is already a slight discount from our in-person rate, but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $90 × 85% = $76.50 per hour for a 15-hour package at a total cost of $76.50 × 15 hours = $1,147.50.
We encourage you to check around for a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 ACT Test prep from an instructor like Mike can run well above $150 per hour at comparable companies.
We are confident our solution represents strong value for the money – it combines the best of what’s available from the creators of the ACT with an expert MyGuru tutor to create an affordable, yet high quality and customized test prep solution.
Customized ACT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
Much of our online ACT tutoring is delivered by a true SAT expert, Mike S. His background includes
- BA from Columbia University
- 97th percentile or better on every test he teaches including a perfect 36 score on the ACT
- Five years of independent tutoring and classroom experience teaching the GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, other state-specific standardized tests
- Believes great tutoring is always rooted in listening to a student's needs and concerns and working with that student as a team to solve those problems
- He has helped committed students improve by 9+ points on their ACT and 400+ points on the SAT
Mike will assess your starting point and work with to develop a customized study plan to help prepare for the ACT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Premier online tutoring, instructed by our Director of Online Tutoring, is also available including:
- Private whiteboard allowing:
- Student whiteboard editing
- 24/7 whiteboard access to leave notes and questions for instructor
- Unlimited space to keep all session notes without ever erasing
- Full session screen-capture recording and video hosting:
- Hosted for duration of instruction and 30 days after
- Serialized by lesson
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the ACT
To read about how our ACT tutors help people develop skills and strategies for passing the ACT, click here. Check out our ACT blog for the latest student testimonials, ACT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on college admissions. Example articles include:
- Designing an ACT Study Plan? Here are our Recommended ACT Study Materials
- How to Ace the ACT Writing Section
- 8 Critical ACT-Math Strategies