Private Online SAT Tutoring
We believe online SAT tutoring can be more affordable, more convenient, and as effective as in-person SAT tutoring.
Online SAT tutoring from MyGuru utilizes The Official SAT Study Guide to create a comprehensive and customized SAT preparation plan. Online tutoring begins with a diagnostic session wherein an expert MyGuru SAT tutor helps you:
- develop a study plan
- delivers customized lessons designed to build upon your strengths and address your weaknesses
- incorporates official practice tests to track progress
Key Beliefs about Studying for the SAT
We strongly believe that:
- group classes provide little new information or skills or strategies that aren’t contained in self-study materials
- 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, making possible continuous, targeted improvement
- the large well branded test prep firms have made 1-on-1 test prep virtually unaffordable. Whether you choose in-person or online SAT tutoring, customized instruction can help you build your skills far more rapidly than self-study or large group classes.
Online SAT Tutoring Increases Efficiency and Creates New Learning Possibilities
Some students hesitate to consider online SAT tutoring, instead searching for a local tutor they can sit down to meet with in person. While we understand this perspective, we ask students to consider a few things about the online tutoring experience:
- With a good internet connection, the online experience can be similar to an in-person experience, in that you can "read and respond" to your tutor's verbal and non-verbal cues
- Writing on a virtual whiteboard can be very similar to writing on physical scratch paper
- Removing the requirement to travel to a physical location often saves both the student and the tutor time and money...
- ...and also tends to open up more scheduling options for both parties
- In some cases, online SAT tutoring sessions can be recorded, so the student can review lessons to reinforce the concept or approach
For these reasons, online tutoring can be as effective, if not more, as in-person tutoring. To read more about our perspective on online tutoring click here.
Customized SAT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
Most of our online SAT tutoring is delivered by an SAT expert, Anthony. His background includes:
- B.A History and English, Magna Cum Laude - Saint Louis University
- 3rd Year PHD Candidate in Modern European History - University of Houston
- LSAT 170, GRE 620 verbal 710 Quant 5.5 writing (old format), SAT 1450 (old format)
- Tutored students after school while teaching at Lake Catholic High School and St. Ignatius High School. Tutored high school students during undergrad.
- PHD candidate with 8 years of teaching experience at the high school and college level.
- Grades SAT writing samples for ETS and has several years of high school coaching experience
Anthony will assess your starting point and will work with you to develop a customized study plan to help you prepare for the SAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our SAT 15-hour package costs $1,125. This includes:
- A copy of The Official SAT Study Guide ($20 value)
- 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 online instruction from a MyGuru expert ($1,020 value)
- 6 months of access to Magoosh's online practice problems and video lesson library ($99 value)
- An introductory college admissions planning session with an experienced admissions strategist ($50 value)
- An introductory college financial aid planning session with Collegian Financial Group ($50 value)
We encourage you to shop around for a better value. It’s common that hourly rates for 1-on-1 SAT Test prep from an instructor like Anthony can run north of $125 at other companies.
Many students often purchase a tutoring package consisting of 5 or 10 hours as well. We charge a base rate of $85 per hour, and offer 5% or 10% discounts for investing in 5 or 10 hours in advance.
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the SAT
To read about how our SAT tutors help people develop skills and strategies for passing the SAT, click here. Check out our SAT blog for the latest student testimonials, SAT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on college admissions. Example articles include: