Private Online LSAT Tutoring
Online Tutoring is Affordable, Convenient, and as Effective as In-Person Tutoring.
Online LSAT prep from MyGuru, like our in-person LSAT tutoring, leverages official LSAT texts such as The Official LSAT Super Prep and 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests Volume VI: PrepTests 72 through 81. We use official practice tests to track progress and follow a LSAT tutoring process that is tailored to every student, beginning with a diagnostic session to help create a manageable study plan that includes a customized curriculum that builds upon each student's strengths and weaknesses.
Our base rate for online LSAT tutoring of $95 an hour is a slight discount from our in-person LSAT rate and we still offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages that come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $95 × 85% = $80.75 per hour, so a 15 hour package has a total cost of $80.75 × 15 hours = $1,211.25. We encourage you to check around for a better value as typical hourly rates for comparable one-on-one LSAT prep can run well above $150 per hour at comparable companies.
How Studying Online for the LSAT Works
We believe that group classes provide little more than what's found in self-study materials, that 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, and that the large test prep firms have made 1-on-1 instruction virtually unaffordable. We also believe that our approach to online tutoring provides a more instructive and intuitive experience than anything else in the online test prep market regardless of price. After each session our students have two texts to review - The Official LSAT PrepTests and a digital copy of that day's whiteboard filled with notes and tips specifically tailored for them to refer to forever.
- Students only need a free Gmail or Skype account to begin instructive videoconferencing where both tutor and student can react to verbal and non-verbal cues, making each lesson feel like it's being conducted in person.
- All tactics and techniques are demonstrated by our expert tutors on a shared virtual whiteboard where students follow along with the instructor as a guest using nothing more than a computer and an internet connection...
- ... but students can also sign up for their own personal whiteboard, so they can use a pen tablet to work on problems live with their instructor and access all past sessions to review any problem they've covered at any time.
- Most importantly, whether using a personal or shared whiteboard, all LSAT sessions are recorded as digital documents, so students can review lessons to reinforce concepts and approaches.
- Removing the travel requirement to a physical location often saves time and opens up more scheduling options.
- Online LSAT tutoring sessions can even be recorded, so the student can review full lessons after the fact if desired.
For these reasons and more, MyGuru online LSAT tutoring isn't just comparable to face-to-face tutoring, it's often better. To read more about our perspective on online tutoring click here.
Customized LSAT Tutoring from an Expert
Our online tutoring team at MyGuru offers the highest caliber tutors at a lower price than many of the large tutoring companies. For example, consider Adam B., one of our most experienced LSAT tutors:
- Brown University, 2004, BA in English
- Syracuse University, 2015, MFA in Creative Writing
- 99th percentile scores in each of the tests he teaches - ACT, GRE, LSAT, and SAT
- 5+ years of test prep/tutoring experience
- Covers all sections of the major standardized tests
Our online LSAT tutors will assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to help you prepare for the LSAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the LSAT
To read about how our LSAT tutors help people develop strategies for passing the LSAT, click here. Check out our LSAT blog for the latest student testimonials, LSAT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on law school admissions. Example articles include: