MyGuru GMAT tutoring is the ideal alternative to expensive classroom courses.
Our Chicago GMAT Prep Package comes with 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 instruction from a recognized expert, a test book, and official practice tests to track progress. Sessions are available in Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, New York and several other cities – or online using a virtual whiteboard. We combine this with online test prep software from Magoosh that supplements the 1-1 tutoring you’ll receive.
We also offer hourly GMAT tutoring sessions for those in need of focused prep in specific areas. Check out our GMAT blog for the latest student testimonials, GMAT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on MBA admissions.
MyGuru works with students both in-person and online via WebEx.
Our Core Beliefs about Studying for the GMAT
- Group classes provide little new info that isn’t contained in self study materials available and local book stores
- 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, making possible continuous, targeted improvement
- The large well branded test prep firms have made 1-on-1 test prep virtually unaffordable
Expert 1-on-1 Instruction
All packages are delivered by true GMAT experts. Here is some background on one of our tutors, John:
- Degrees in English and Math from Indiana University; PhD candidate in Math at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Scored in the 99% percentile (770) on the GMAT
- Worked with 75+ students on GMAT prep with solid results (his most recent student increased score from 630 to 710)
- Experience as a GMAT instructor with three major national test prep firms
- Currently working with MyGuru to publish proprietary materials covering the quantitative portion of the GMAT
Customized, 1-on-1 Guidance
Your tutor will assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to help you prepare for the GMAT as efficiently and effectively as possible. Our main goal is obviously for your tutor to help you master the content and get as close to an 800 GMAT score as possible, but we also find our tutors becoming mentors and general guides as students embark upon the process of studying for the GMAT and preparing their business school applications.
Our package costs only $1,275 and includes:
- A test prep book, Official Guide for GMAT Review,13th Edition ($35 value)
- 15 hours of customized, 1-1 instruction from an expert tutor ($1,210 value)
- Supplemental online GMAT practice (practice problem, tests, and video explanations) from Magoosh ($100 value)
Thoughts from Former MyGuru GMAT Students
Click below to listen to some of MyGuru’s former students talk about their experiences with the GMAT and with MyGuru.
There isn’t a better value in Chicago – one well known national test prep company charges $2,499 for its 15 hour, 1-on-1 tutoring package.