The English language can be difficult to master, and communicating ideas effectively in college level papers does not come easily for everyone. Our English and Writing tutors have advanced degrees in English or Literature, and have been teaching and tutoring for a minimum of several years. Whether it’s an introductory high school English class, an advanced course in British Literature, or a long research paper, we can provide 1-1 tutoring to help you structure your thoughts and write better essays.
Here’s an overview of one of our top English tutors, Sonam:
- M.A., English Language & Literature, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Ph.D., English Language & Literature, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- SAT - M:750 V:750, GRE General - Quantitative:800 Analytical:800 Verbal:740
- GRE Literature in English – 770, LSAT – 179
- Tutored and taught high school and college English, Literature, Writing, and LSAT, GRE, GMAT, and SAT
Over the past several years, MyGuru has helped students succeed in:
- Introductory high school English classes
- Advanced literature classes
- History, Philosophy, and Sociology papers
- Research papers across multiple subject areas
- General college paper writing
Also browse our Tutor Team to learn more about specific individuals who focus on other areas of study, including test prep.