Private Online ACT Tutoring
We believe online ACT tutoring can be more affordable, more convenient, and as effective as in-person ACT tutoring.
Similar to our customized 1-on-1 tutoring, online ACT tutoring from MyGuru, leverages The Official ACT Prep Guide. Online tutoring begins with a diagnostic session wherein an expert MyGuru ACT tutor helps you develop a study plan, delivers customized lessons designed to build upon your strengths and address your weaknesses, and incorporates official practice tests to track progress.
Key Beliefs about Studying for the ACT
We strongly believe that:
- group classes provide little new information or skills or strategies that aren’t contained in self-study materials
- 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, making possible continuous, targeted improvement
- the large well branded test prep firms have made 1-on-1 test prep virtually unaffordable. Whether you choose in-person or online ACT tutoring, customized instruction can help you build your skills far more rapidly than self-study or large group classes.
Online ACT Tutoring Increases Efficiency and Creates New Learning Possibilities
Some students hesitate to consider online ACT tutoring, instead searching for a local tutor they can sit down to meet with face-to-face. While we understand this perspective, we ask students to consider a few things about the online tutoring experience:
- With a good internet connection, the online experience can be similar to an in-person experience, in that you can "read and respond" to your tutor's verbal and non-verbal cues
- Writing on a virtual whiteboard can be very similar to writing on physical scratch paper
- Removing the requirement to travel to a physical location often saves both the student and the tutor time and money...
- ...and also tends to open up more scheduling options for both parties
- In some cases, online ACT tutoring sessions can be recorded, so the student can review lessons to reinforce the concept or approach
For these reasons, online tutoring can be as effective, if not more, as in-person tutoring. To read more about our perspective on online tutoring click here.
Customized ACT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
Most of our online ACT tutoring is delivered by an ACT expert, Gaurav. His background includes:
- Biology and Philosophy majors; Chemistry and Mathematics minors (University of Miami)
- Masters in Biotechnology (Rush University)
- Former PhD student in Neuroscience (University of Miami)
- Most recent timed ACT score of 34
- Several years of private ACT, math and science tutoring
- Passionate scientist and educator!
Gaurav will assess your starting point and will work with you to develop a customized study plan to help you prepare for the ACT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our ACT 15-hour package costs $1,085. This includes:
- An official test prep book written by the creators of the ACT – The Official ACT Prep Guide
- 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 instruction from an expert MyGuru tutor
- A 10% discount of any future or “last minute” 1-1 ACT tutoring beyond the 15 hours
- An introductory college admissions strategy discussion with a MyGuru partner
- A college financial aid planning session with Collegian Financial Group
We encourage you to shop around for a better value. It’s common that hourly rates for 1-on-1 ACT Test prep from an instructor like Gaurav can run north of $125 at other companies. If you prefer to invest in ACT tutoring by the hour, we charge $85, with 5% or 10% discounts for investing in a 5 or 10 hours in advance.
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the ACT
To read about how our ACT tutors help people develop skills and strategies for passing the ACT, click here. Check out our ACT blog for the latest student testimonials, ACT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on college admissions. Example articles include:
- Designing an ACT Study Plan? Here are our Recommended ACT Study Materials
- How to Ace the ACT Writing Section
- 8 Critical ACT-Math Strategies