PCAT tutoring from MyGuru is a customized experience featuring 1-1 instruction from a recognized expert. Students are asked to purchase Barron's PCAT, 7th Edition prior to their first session and complete a diagnostic practice exam to identify strengths and weaknesses.
The first session involves a review of this diagnostic test, an overview of each section of the PCAT, and the development of a study plan. This is followed by 1-on-1 sessions in which test taking strategies for each section of the PCAT are reviewed. Finally, the student completes a practice test, which is then reviewed with the tutor during the final session.
Customized, 1-1 Expert Instruction
All MyGuru PCAT Prep Packages are delivered by established PCAT experts. Here is some background on one of our expert PCAT tutors, Tom:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology from Loyola University Chicago
- Doctor of Pharmacy anticipated May 2018 from University of Illinois - Chicago
- Scored in the 95th percentile on the PCAT
- Has years of experience tutoring individuals of all ages and has been a TA for first year pharmancy school classes for the past three years
- Possesses in-depth, detailed knowledge of both the PCAT and the pharmacy school application process
Our base rate for private PCAT tutoring is $99, but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $99 × 85% = $84.15 per hour. After the first session, if you then choose to continue with a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $84.15 × 15 hours = $1,262.25.
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.