Why MyGuru - Chicago?
We were founded in Chicago on Northwestern University's campus in 2009, and our deepest pool of tutoring talent still resides here. We help students create effective, customized study plans that build core skills and lead to better performance in classes and on standardized tests.
We've worked with high school students in Barrington, Evanston, Oak Park, many other suburbs, and of course throughout the city of Chicago. We've worked with public high schools and private high schools like St. Ignatius in Chicago.
Our college students have attended Northwestern University, DePaul, Loyola, UIC, the University of Chicago, Oakton Community College, and more.
MyGuru serves the entire Chicagoland area, so don't hesitate to contact us if you live downtown, in the far North suburbs, Southwest suburbs, or somewhere in between.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 312.278.0321.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
Our typical tutor has:
- An undergraduate degree with high marks from a prestigious university and a Masters or Doctorate as well (e.g., a GRE tutor has a PhD from Stanford, a GMAT tutor has a MBA from Northwestern-Kellogg, etc.)
- 3+ years of tutoring or teaching experience
- Scored in the 95th percentile or above on the tests they are teaching
- A strong interest in being an active, professional tutor with a growing roster of students
Here are short bios for two of our most experienced tutors in Chicago:
- BS in Physics, Northwestern University
- MS in Physics, Princeton University
- Past experience developing proprietary standardized test tutoring materials with test prep companies
- Has expertise in multiple areas: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Accounting, Finance, ACT, MCAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT
- PhD from the University of Michigan (Political Science)
- Scored in the 95-99th percentile on the ACT, SAT, and GRE
- 5+ years of tutoring experience
- See more information on our GRE and/or GMAT tutoring and what we offer
We keep our network of tutors small in the interest of maintaining quality. Here is a representative sample, but not 100% complete list, of the tutors in Chicago who we are currently working with.
Student Feedback: Just a Few Examples
What We Tutor
We offer 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students, and many specialist subjects, such as Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, foreign languages, Statistics, Psychology, English and many more
MyGuru tutors always meet you at a mutually agreed upon location, such as a cafe, your home or a library. Our tutors can easily make it to most areas of inner city Chicago and the outlying suburbs. We will work with your schedule and location preferences, making it most convenient for you when we can.
We meet at these various local places to save overhead costs, which saves you both time and money. Our physical Chicago address is:MyGuru - Chicago
600 N. Kingsbury St.
Chicago, IL 60654Again, these are administrative offices only. Almost all tutoring takes place in public locations, students' homes, or online.
We pride ourselves on offering the best value in the business. We charge between $45 and $125 per hour, depending on the subject and tutor.
Prices will be higher in the center of Chicago versus the outer suburbs, but you can always expect to pay less than the large corporations for the same or better quality of tutors.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for a bunch of overhead costs. Check out our pricing tab for more information. Check out our overall Pricing Page for more information.