Why MyGuru - Philadelphia?
It's easy to find tutors. It's hard to find reliable, highly qualified tutors and a company that works with you to understand your particular situation.
MyGuru was founded in Chicago on Northwestern University's campus in 2009. MyGuru began building a team of tutors in Philadelphia in 2012.
We serve the entire Philadelphia metropolitan area, so whether you are the parent of a high school student in the School District of Philadelphia or a senior at Temple, we look forward to working with you.
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
Our Philadelphia Tutors
We have dozens of tutors in the Philadelphia area ready to help you and they are all among the best tutors out there. Our typical tutor has:
- An undergraduate degree with high marks from a prestigious university and a Masters or Doctorate as well (e.g., a GRE tutor has a PhD from UPenn, a GMAT tutor has a MBA from Drexel, etc.)
- 3-10+ years of tutoring experience
- Scored in the 95th percentile or above on the tests they are teaching
Here are two of our most promising Philadelphia area tutors:
- B.A. in Biochemistry and Anthropology, Human Biology Concentration from the University of Pennsylvania, 2013
- Scored in the 94-97 percentile range on the SAT and MCAT
- Experience as a part-time teaching fellow at University City High School in Philadelphia, PA
- Years of tutoring experience and teaching assistance in mathematics and chemistry
- Has worked in in several laboratories throughout her undergraduate career doing research in cancer genetics, toxicology, and organic synthesis
See the following pages for more information on MyGuru's tutoring approach and to view more tutors with similar expertise to Kathryn's:
- BA in Communications and Rhetoric, University of Pittsburgh
- MS in Instruction, Secondary English, Drexel University
- MA in English/Literary and Cultural Studies, Carnegie Mellon University
- High scores on both the SAT and GRE exams
- Tutors daily as both a high school English teacher and Department Chair
- Adjunct Instructor of Writing at two universities
- Strengths are literature and academic writing
For more information on MyGuru tutoring options in Writing/English and SAT prep and to view tutors similar to Jennifer, click the below links:
We keep our network of tutors in any given city like Philadelphia small - we only want to work with the best available private tutors. For a broader idea of the type of tutors we work with across the country, browse our Tutor Team.
We offer 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students, and many specialist subjects, such as Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, foreign languages, Statistics, Psychology, English and many more
MyGuru tutors always meet you at a mutually agreed upon location, such as a cafe, your home or a library in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs.
Why? We do this to save overhead costs, which saves you both time and money.
Our physical address in Philadelphia is:MyGuru - Philadelphia
4269 Walnut St., Apt 1
Philadelphia, PA 19139
We work hard to make sure that the student and the tutor have a convenient and accessible place to meet for tutoring sessions. We want to make sure the experience is as easy as possible for everyone involved!
Again, these are administrative offices only. Almost all tutoring takes place in public locations, students' homes, or online.
We pride ourselves on offering the best value in the business, especially in your specific Philadelphia area. We charge between $45 and $125 per hour, depending on the subject and tutor.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for a bunch of overhead costs. Check out our Pricing tab for more information.