Why MyGuru - SF Bay Area?
It's easy to find tutors. It's hard to find reliable, highly qualified tutors at the right price and with the best customer service. That's where MyGuru steps in.
In adddition to 1-on-1 tutoring, we offer small group classes for most academic subjects and preparation for standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, and LSAT. We also provide academic counseling and guidance for applicants to college and graduate school.
MyGuru serves almost the entire Bay Area, including San Francisco, the peninsula, San Jose and East Bay.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling (312) 278-0321.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
We have dozens of tutors ready to help you and they are all among the best tutors out there. Our typical tutor has:
- An undergraduate degree with high marks from a prestigious university and a Masters or Doctorate as well (e.g., a GRE tutor has a PhD from Stanford, a GMAT tutor has a MBA from Northwestern-Kellogg, etc.)
- 3-10+ years of tutoring experience
- Scored in the 95th percentile or above on the tests they are teaching
We keep our network of tutors in any given city small - we only want to work with the best available private tutors. For an idea of the type of tutors we work with, browse our Tutor Team.
We offer 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students, and many specialist subjects, such as Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, foreign languages, Statistics, Psychology, English and many more
Check out our "Test Prep" and "Academic Tutoring" tabs above for more information, or call or email us at your convenience.
Our offices are located at:
MyGuru - San Francisco
1384, McAllister St.
San Franscisco, CA 94115
However, MyGuru tutors always meet you at a mutually agreed upon location, such as a cafe, your home or a library.
Why? We do this to save overhead costs, which saves you both time and money.
Again, these are administrative offices only. Almost all tutoring takes place in public locations, students' homes, or online.
We pride ourselves on offering the best value in the business. We charge between $55 and $125 per hour, depending on the subject and tutor.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for a bunch of overhead costs. Check out our pricing tab for more information.