Private Online PCAT Tutoring
Online Tutoring is Affordable, Convenient, and as Effective as In-Person Tutoring
Online PCAT tutoring from MyGuru leverages materials and practice problems from the Barron's PCAT, 7th Edition. We begin with a diagnostic initial session to identify key strengths and weaknesses, an overview of each section of the PCAT, and the development of a detailed study plan and a customized lesson plan designed to build upon your strengths and address your weaknesses. Throughout the course of tutoring, we teach effective and proven test-taking strategies while review key content material in order to help boost your score. Periodic official PCAT practice tests are incorporated in the customized lesson plans to help track progress of content retention and to hone key PCAT test-taking strategies.
Key Beliefs about Studying for the PCAT
We believe that:
- Class-based tutoring provides little new information that isn’t contained in self-study materials
- 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, making possible continuous, targeted improvement
- The large well-branded test prep firms have made 1-on-1 test prep virtually unaffordable
Whether you choose in-person or online PCAT tutoring, customized instruction can help you build your skills far more rapidly than self-study or large group classes.
Online PCAT Tutoring Increases Efficiency and Creates New Learning Options
Online tutoring is a form of tutoring that some students hesitate to engage in. While we of course understand this perspective, we ask students to take into consideration a few things about the online tutoring experience:
- With a good internet connection, the online experience can be similar to an in-person experience, in that you can "read and respond" to your tutor's verbal and non-verbal cues
- Writing on a virtual whiteboard can be very similar to writing on physical scratch paper
- Removing the requirement to travel to a physical location often saves both the student and the tutor time and money...
- ...and also tends to open up more scheduling options for both parties
- In some cases, online PCAT tutoring sessions can be recorded, so the student can review lessons to reinforce the concept or approach
For these reasons, in our view, online tutoring is just as good as face-to-face tutoring. In fact, it might be better. To read more about our perspective on online tutoring click here.
Customized PCAT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
Our tutor team at MyGuru offers the highest caliber tutors at a lower price than many of the large tutoring companies. For example, consider Tom, one of our most experienced PCAT tutors:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology from Loyola University Chicago
- Doctor of Pharmacy anticipated May 2018 from University of Illinois - Chicago
- Scored in the 95th percentile on the PCAT
- Has years of experience tutoring individuals of all ages and has been a TA for first year pharmancy school classes for the past three years
- Possesses in-depth, detailed knowledge of both the PCAT and the pharmacy school application process
Our online PCAT tutors will assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to help you reach your target score on the PCAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our base rate for online PCAT tutoring is $95, but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $95 × 85% = $80.75 per hour, which is what we always charge for the first session. If you then choose to continue with a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $80.75 × 15 hours = $1,211.25.
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.