Why MyGuru - New York?
It's easy to find tutors. It's hard to find reliable, highly qualified tutors at the right price and with the best customer service. That's where MyGuru steps in.
MyGuru - New York is led by Mark Skoskiewicz, Founder of MyGuru.
Founded in Chicago on Northwestern University's campus in 2009, we began offering tutoring in the New York area in 2011 and have qualified tutors having graduated from Fordham University, NYU, Columbia, and various other pretigious collegiate institutions in the area. MyGuru - New York serves all five boroughs: Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island, and Brooklyn.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 347.960.4536.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
We have dozens of tutors ready to help you and they are all among the best tutors out there. Our typical tutor has:
- An undergraduate degree with high marks from a prestigious university and a Masters or Doctorate as well (e.g., a GRE tutor has a PhD from Cornell, a GMAT tutor has a MBA from the University of Pennsylvania, etc.)
- 3-10+ years of tutoring experience
- Scored in the 95th percentile or above on the tests they are teaching
We keep our network of tutors in any given city small - we only want to work with the best available private tutors. For an idea of the type of tutors we work with, browse our Tutor Team.
Here are examples of MyGuru's tutors in New York:
- B.A., English, Haverford College, Haverford, PA
- M.A., English Language & Literature, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Ph.D., English Language & Literature, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- SAT - M:750 V:750 , GRE General - Quantitative:800 Analytical:800 Verbal:740, LSAT – 179
- Worked part-time for Kaplan from 2001-2011 at centers in Ithaca, NY; Albany, NY; New York, NY; Washington, DC; and Lincoln, NE. Tutored and taught LSAT, GRE, GMAT, and SAT.
- Over a decade's worth of experience in teaching and tutoring
Sonam specializes in GRE tutoring, but also helps students prepare for the SAT, ACT, and LSAT.
Chris M. - Senior GMAT tutor
B.S. in Business Management from Babson College
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from Boston University
Current MBA student at Columbia University
GMAT 740 (97%), 48Q, 44V, 6.0 AWA, 8 IR
Taught and tutored high school students just about every day for the past two years as a full-time teacher at a high-performing charter school in Boston.
Has tutored dozens of GMAT students with consistent positive feedback and demonstrated score improvement
Student Feedback: Just a Few Examples
What We Tutor
We offer 1-on-1 tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students, and many specialist subjects, such as Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, foreign languages, Statistics, Psychology, English and many more
MyGuru tutors always meet you at a mutually agreed upon location, such as a cafe, your home or a local library. We will work with your schedule and location preferences, making it most convenient for you when we can.
We meet at these various local places to save overhead costs, which saves you both time and money. Our physical New York address is:MyGuru - New York
643 W 207th St
New York, NY 10034
Nevertheless, our tutors travel all over the five boroughs and the surrounding suburbs in order to make it as convenient as possible for the student.
We pride ourselves on offering a rare mix of high qualtiy tutors and affordable prices. Generally speaking, we charge between $55 (high school subjects) and $125 (CFA/finance tutoring) per hour for tutoring in New York City. We then offer 5, 10, or 15% discounts for investing in 5, 10, or 15 hours in advance, and we do refund unused hours as well. So you're never "locked in" to a large purchase of hours. Our goal is to empower you to improve your academic performance, not make you dependent on continually investing in tutoring support.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for a bunch of overhead costs. Check out our Pricing tab for more information.