An MCAT Prep Package from MyGuru is a comprehensive solution consisting of a test prep book and 15 hours of customized, private instruction from an experienced MCAT tutor who has scored in the 95th percentile or better, and several online and paper-based practice tests. All for only $999. At less than $60/hour, it’s an unbeatable value and will help you raise your score.
Students receive a test prep book prior to their first session and complete a diagnostic test to identify key strengths and weaknesses. The first session involves a review of this diagnostic test, an overview of each section of the MCAT, and the development of a study plan. This is followed by 1-on-1 sessions in which test taking strategies for each section of the MCAT are reviewed. Finally, the student completes a practice test, which is then reviewed with the tutor during the final session.
Customized, 1-1 Expert Instruction
All MyGuru MCAT Prep Packages are delivered by established MCAT experts. Here is some background on one of our Expert MCAT tutors, Andrew:
- Several years of experience as a private tutor in chemistry and biology
- Scored in the 94th percentile on the MCAT
- Experience teaching MCAT classes with a major national test prep firm
- Several years of private MCAT tutoring experience
- Currently a first year medical student at Chicago Medical School
- Possesses in depth, detailed knowledge of both the MCAT and the medical school application process
A Good Value
Our package costs $999, which includes:
- The Official Guide to the MCAT written by the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- 15 hours of customized, 1-1 instruction from an expert MCAT tutor
- Access to our Pre-Med Status Report, to understand and improve your chances of admission to medical school
- 10% discount on any additional hourly sessions you may need
We encourage you to check around for a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 MCAT Test prep from instructors like ours can run near $200.