MyGuru has a small team of extremely experienced, independently contracted tutors in the following cities: Boston, MA, Champaign, IL, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA. We can also provide tutoring in almost any subject or standardized test online via Skype and/or WebEx.
Below you’ll find information about some of our available tutors, organized according to subject area and standardized test expertise. To discuss our full list of tutoring options in your area and our best fit for you, click the button below.
Or, you can browse a selection of our available tutors:
By Subject Type:
Biology, Business, Chemistry, Economics, English, Engineering, Healthcare, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, All Other Subjects
By Standardized Test:
ACT/SAT, GRE/GMAT, MCAT, LSAT
By Professional Exam:
Nursing entrance and licensure (NCLEX), Certified Public Accountant: CPA, Chartered Financial Analyst: CFA
- B.S. from the University of Chicago
- Completed all relevant prerequisites for medical school.
- Attended medical school of two years before pursuing a career in business and education
- TA for core biology at the University of Chicago during college, where he taught 15 students biology and graded tests and papers.
- Several years of private tutoring experience
- University of Chicago, B.S. Biology with a specialization in Neuroscience
- ACT: 32, SAT: 14/1600, MCAT: 30
- Several years of private tutoring and mentoring experience
- BS - Marketing - Kettering University (GMI - Management and Engineering Institute), Flint, MI
- MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
- Several years of private tutoring experience
- Marketing executive considering a transition into education full-time.
- BS Business Administration, Major in Marketing, Minor in Statistics, University of Nebraska
- MBA, Finance/Economics, University of Nebraska
- Since 2005, has been an instructor with the University of Phoenix teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in business and finance.
- In 2008, was named Outstanding Instructor
- Has tutored students in math and algebra for several years
- B.S. University of Chicago
- Completed post-graduate accounting classes at DePaul University
- Passed the CPA exam
- Professional experience as a forensic accounting consultant and financial manager
- Several years of private accounting and finance tutoring experience, including both managerial and financial accounting courses
- BA of Economics, Beijing Normal University, China
- Master of Science in Finance, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago Illinois
- Master of Accounting, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- GMAT: 720, , CFA Level1, CMA Level 1,2,3
- CPA (BEC July 2011, FAR, REG & AUD November 2011)
- 3+ years of private tutoring and teaching experience
- BA in Chemistry and Biochemistry from the University of Colorado in Boulder
- Recently received her PhD in Organic chemistry from the University of California San Diego.
- Several years of teaching experience at UC – San Diego as a lecturer and teaching assistant
- 5+ years of private tutoring and teaching experience in general chemistry and organic chemistry
- B.S. Chemistry, Magna Cum Laude, Minor in Animal Science
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry (in progress), Indiana University
- ACT: 30, GRE (old): V-540, Q-740
- For the past four years has tutored chemistry courses ranging from freshman level general chemistry to second semester organic
- Also has one year of experience tutoring general animal science courses.
- BS in Chemistry from Monmouth College, a Masters in Chemistry from Hampton University
- PhD in Organic Chemistry from NYU.
- Has been a tutor for over 5 years in general and organic chemistry as well as mathematics
- 4th year PhD student in Economics at Northwestern University.
- Has won several Teaching Assistant awards for the quality and clarity of his teaching and tutoring at Northwestern.
- Can cover microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, and most mathematics at the undergraduate and graduate level
- BS- Mathematics, Statistics, and Economics, University of Chicago
- MS- Economics, University of Chicago
- PhD - Economics, Northwestern University
- University economics lecturer with 7 years of experience tutoring high school, college and graduate students
- BS in Economics, minor Math, University of Minnesota
- MA Economics - Iowa State University
- Won Iowa State University's Excellence in Teaching and over a dozen teaching awards at Normandale Community College.
- Almost a decade of teaching and tutoring experience in economics, finance, and mathematics
- Received his B.S. and M.S. in Applied Mathematics & Statistics from Johns Hopkins University
- Current PhD student in Industrial Engineering & Management at Northwestern University.
- At Johns Hopkins, he served as a tutor and teaching assistant for 2 years
- Received an excellence in teaching award
- BS Chemical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley
- MS Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University
- PhD Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University
- Official tutor for Northwestern University’s athletic department, covering all math, science, and engineering courses
- 5+ years of private tutoring experience
- Summa cum laude from the University of Minnesota with a B.A. in English and History.
- M.A. in English at Loyola University Chicago, working towards Ph.D. in English.
- ACT: 31
- Completed a course in tutoring pedagogy at the Center for Writing at the University of Minnesota where I tutored for a year before moving to Loyola University
- Currently teaching freshman composition at Loyola University
- B.A., English, Haverford College, Haverford, PA
- M.A., English Language & Literature, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Ph.D., English Language & Literature, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- SAT - M:750 V:750 , GRE General - Quantitative:800 Analytical:800 Verbal:740, LSAT – 179
- Worked part-time for Kaplan from 2001-2011 at centers in Ithaca, NY; Albany, NY; New York, NY; Washington, DC; and Lincoln, NE. Tutored and taught LSAT, GRE, GMAT, and SAT.
- Over a decade's experience in teaching and tutoring
- Bachelor of Science, Medicine @ Michigan State University
- M.D. University of Minnesota
- Taught medicine for 5 years Univ of IL, Chicago Circle Campus
- University of Michigan, BS in Biopsychology
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, MD
- Pace University, MS in Science Education
- SAT 1350, MCAT 35
- 20 years of tutoring and teaching experience
- B.S. Psychology and Religious Studies from University of Illinois - Chicago
- M.S. in Nursing from Rush University College of Nursing. S
- Over 9 years of tutoring experience in test prep, mathematics, and science
- B.S. in Mathematics and Statistics, Grinnell College
- Tutored for three years in Grinnell College's Math Lab, calculus 1/2/3, and linear algebra
- Initiated and executed a series of reforms intended to make Grinnell's tutors more accountable for the material and evaluate the quality of our service.
- Degrees in English & Math from Indiana University, M.S. from University of Illinois - Chicago
- Published a best-selling guide to Finite Math while at Indiana
- Former head of the Mathematics department at a private high school
- Currently publishing quantitative guides to the major standardized tests: ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT
- Has provided private math tutoring to >100 students
- Graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics
- Won several awards for his work as a Teaching Assistant in various calculus classes while there.
- Currently a high school math teacher.
- Scored a 1560 on the GRE and received a perfect score of 2400 on the SAT.
- BS Physics, Cornell University
- BA Philosophy, Cornell University
- PhD Physics, University of Chicago
- Has worked with middle school through PhD level students in all math and physics classes
- BA in Physics from Johns Hopkins University
- Masters in Physical Science as well as a PhD in Astrophysics from the University of Chicago.
- Extensive experience tutoring high school and college students in math and science subjects, as well as for test prep.
- BS Physics, Princeton University
- MS Physics, Northwestern University
- Professional math and physics tutor for over ten years
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Business from Duke University
- Currently a PhD Student in Statistics at the University of Illinois-Chicago
- Former teaching assistant for a variety of mathematics and statistics classes
- 5+ years of private statistics tutoring experience
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Took a variety of graduate level statistics classes at UIC
- 3+ years of private statistics tutoring experience
By Standardized Test
- B.A. in Biology , St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota
- M.Div. in Theology, University of Notre Dame
- Ph.D. student in Philosophy of religion at the University of Chicago.
- Tutoring and teaching experience includes: Huntington Learning Center, Adjunct Professor at Joliet Junior College and Parkland College, and Teaching Assistant at the University of Notre Dame and Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
- Scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and ACT
- B.S. in Operations Management, J.D. from Chicago-Kent
- SAT and LSAT in the 95th percentile or above
- 5+ years of ACT and LSAT tutoring experience with the Princeton Review
- B.S. Biotechnology, Northeastern University
- M.S. in Genetics, The University of Chicago
- 1450 on the SAT, and a 1540 on the GRE (98/99th percentile scores).
- Six years of experience in math and standardized tests tutoring and has tutored over 200 students in the ACT, SAT, and GRE
- BA in Mathematics from Graceland College
- Scored in the 99th percentile on the GMAT, with a 760
- Scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT, and was a National Merit Scholarship Finalist.
- Test prep experience includes GMAT, GRE, ACT, SAT, and SSAT.
- 15 years’ experience as a teacher and tutor, including 5 years’ experience in test prep.
- Cornell University, B.A. in History
- The Fletcher School at Tufts University, Master of International Business (concentration in banking and finance)
- SAT: 1530/1600 (old scale), GMAT: 760
- Also scored 99th percentile on Kaplan instructor qualifying exams for GRE and LSAT
- 3 years with Kaplan, covering SAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL
- 4 years freelance tutoring, covering SAT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT
- Academic writing tutor for The Fletcher School while in graduate program
- BA, Political Science and History, University of Miami in Ohio
- PhD, University of Michigan (current)
- SAT:1530, ACT:33, GRE:1510
- 5+ years of private test prep tutoring experience
- BS in Zoology with a minor in Molecular Biology from Miami University in Ohio
- Current a 1st year medical student at Chicago Medical College
- MCAT: 34
- Experience as a private MCAT tutor and MCAT teacher with the Princeton Review
- BS in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Illinois - Chicago
- Scored a 40 on the MCAT
- Accepted into Medical School
- Several years of private MCAT tutoring experience
- B.A. - Physics and Economics - Reed College, M.S. - Technology and Policy - MIT
- J.D. - In progress - University of Chicago
- GRE - 780 Math, 690 Verbal, GMAT – 710, LSAT – 172
- Worked for Kaplan while at MIT doing GRE Math
- Worked for SMART school in Newton, MA for 2 years
- Has done private tutoring in the SAT, LSAT, GRE, GMAT and general math and essay writing privately since 2004.
- Currently an academic counselor at the U of C Law School.
- B.A. English, Minor in Philosophy from Texas A&M University
- J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law
- ACT – 34, SAT (old scale) – 1480, LSAT – 177
- Tutored 9th grade students at Lanier High School in geometry and algebra in both push-in and pull-out environments
- SAT Tutor: Tutored, advised, and mentored students in their preparation for the SAT and PSAT in both one-on-one tutoring and classroom environments.
- Kaplan Test Prep, LSAT Tutor: Tutored, advised, and mentored students in their preparation for the LSAT in both one-on-one tutoring and classroom environments.
- University of Chicago, AB (honors), Concentration: History, Philosophy and Social Studies of Science and Medicine
- University of Chicago Law School, JD
- ACT: 33, SAT: 760 verbal, 760 math, LSAT: 175
- Taught and tutored with Kaplan Test Prep from 1999-2008.
- Former lead teacher, training prospective teachers. Exams taught: ACT, SAT, LSAT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT (verbal)
- 10+ years of private LSAT tutoring experience
By Professional Test
Pre-Nursing Entrance TEAS, HESI & Nursing Licensure NCLEX-RN
- B.A. Psychology, M.S. Nursing - University of Florida; M.A. Counseling
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) PNCB Certified
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Previous Kaplan Nursing Faculty, Curriculum & NCLEX content developer
- Previous Palm Beach State Nursing Faculty
- ADN and ACLS certified Registered Nurse with 12 years of critical care experience.
- She has tutored dozens of students in the NCLEX
Certified Public Accountant: CPA
- B.S. in Accounting from the University of Illinois
- MBA from the University of Chicago
- Passed CPA exam on first try
- 5+ years of private accounting, finance, CPA, and CFA tutoring experience
- Certified public accountant (CPA), with an MBA in Finance from St. Johns University in New York
- Served as an Accounting Instructor at St John, and has privately tutored students in a variety of mathematics and accounting related subjects.
Chartered Financial Analyst: CFA
- B.S. in Business Administration Major in Finance, Minor in Accounting from University of Nevada.
- He is passionate about finance and accounting, having earned the CFA Charter holder designation in 2012.
- Head of Planning & Analysis for a multi-million dollar real estate property
- Bachelors Finance, Tulane University
- Master’s Degree Accounting, Tulane University
- Passed all CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exams on 1 attempt.
- Worked with around 80-90 different students across many major universities and financial institutions including: Northwestern, Univ of Chicago, NIU, DePaul, NYU, Creighton, Columbia, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, JPM Chase, and Merrill Lynch.
- Has helped dozens of CFA students
- Spent 6 years at three different hedge funds and 3 years in venture capital.
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering, a Master’s in Computer Engineering and a Masters in Financial Mathematics.
- Professional experience in variety of investment and finance positions
- CFA chartered
- Has been tutoring and teaching privately since college.