Why MyGuru - Boston?
It's easy to find tutors. It's hard to find reliable, highly qualified tutors at the right price and with the best customer service. That's where MyGuru steps in.
MyGuru - Boston is led by Managing Tutor, John Thomas. Founded in Chicago on Northwestern University's campus in 2009, we began offering tutoring in the Boston area in 2011. Whether you're the parent of a high school student at Dorchester Academy or a senior at Boston University or Northeastern University, we're here to help. We have many established and experienced tutors throughout the area who are well-versed in almost any subject. If you are a student or a parent of a student applying for graduate schools in Boston such as Harvard, MIT, or Boston College, we have tutors that have gone through the process themselves and can offer first-hand advice.
MyGuru - Boston serves the entire Boston metropolitan area.
Contact us by emailing MyGuru founder Mark Skoskiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 312-278-0321. We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
We have dozens of tutors ready to help you and they are all among the best tutors out there. Our typical tutor has:
- An undergraduate degree with high marks from a prestigious university and a Masters or Doctorate as well (e.g., a GRE tutor has a PhD from Stanford, a GMAT tutor has a MBA from Northwestern-Kellogg, etc.)
- 3-10 years of tutoring experience
- Scored in the 95th percentile or above on the tests they are teaching
Dane L. is one of our most prominent and requested tutors in the Boston area. Below is a short overview of his background:
- B.S., American Chemical Society-sponsored honors major in Chemistry, Tufts University, 2011.
- Scored in the 99th and 94th percentiles on the SAT and GRE respectively.
- Over ten years of independent tutoring experience.
- Professional GRE tutor with a private company & chemistry group tutor for Tufts Academic Resource Center.
- His tutoring style is centered around instilling the ability to learn by making material genuinely interesting to explore for the student.
- Click here to see more information on MyGuru Chemistry tutoring and tutors like Dane.
We keep our network of tutors in any given city small - we only want to work with the best available private tutors. You can also browse our Tutor Team to catch a glimpse of other individuals ready to work with you or your student.
We offer 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students, and many specialist subjects, such as Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, foreign languages, Statistics, Psychology, English and many more
Also see our Boston SAT Tutoring page for specific information relating to SAT tutors in the Boston area.
MyGuru tutors always meet you at a mutually agreed upon location, such as a cafe, your home or a library.
Why? We do this to save overhead costs, which saves you both time and money.
Boston is a large city with many outlying suburbs. We have tutors willing to meet both in center city and outlying areas such as Allston/Brighton or Newton.
Our office location in Boston is:MyGuru - Boston
35 Revere Street Boston, MA 02114
We pride ourselves on offering the best value in the business. We charge between $55 and $85 per hour, depending on the subject and tutor. The exact price is determined by area and the level of tutoring required. Boston is a large city, therefore prices are slightly higher than in the suburbs or smaller towns.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for a bunch of overhead costs. Check out our overall Pricing Page for more information.