Why MyGuru - Washington, D.C.?
It's easy to find tutors. It's not so easy to find genuinely helpful, reliable, highly qualified tutors in DC at the right price and with an organization behind them which ensures the best possible customer service. That's where MyGuru steps in.
In adddition to 1-on-1 tutoring, we offer small group classes for most academic subjects and preparation for standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, and LSAT. We also provide academic counseling and guidance for applicants to college and graduate school.
So whether you're trying to get into, get out of, or stay at George Washington University, Georgetown University, American University, Strayer University, or another top institution, we can help!
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (312) 278-0321.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
MyGuru - Washington, D.C. is led by Mark Skoskiewicz, Founder of MyGuru.
- Graduated from Indiana University with degrees in Finance, History, and Philosophy
- While at Indiana, he worked as an economics tutor for the athletic department and for a private tutoring company
- Has worked for a strategy consulting firm called Marakon Associates
- Mark holds an MBA from Northwestern’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management
More recently, Mark has been studying what drives improved academic performance. He completed, with Distinction, the University of California at San Diego Coursera course Learning How to Learn: Powerful Mental Tools to Help you Master Tough Subjects, has received professional development Growth Mindset training and has been featured on Fox News 32 Good Day Chicago and the popular blog the College Solution.
Apart from Mark, we have a great staff of the best tutors available. Our typical tutor has:
- an undergraudate degree with high marks from a prestigious university and a Masters or Doctorate as well (e.g., a GRE tutor has a PhD from Stanford, a GMAT tutor has a MBA from Northwestern-Kellogg, etc.)
- 3-10+ years of tutoring experience with excellent feedback from students
- scored in the 95th percentile or above in each section of the standardized tests they are teaching
Tyler R., specifically, is one of our most impressive and qualified tutors in the Washington, DC area. His credentials are as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Albany, SUNY, Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Masters of Science in Finance, West Virginia University
- Masters of Arts in Economics, The University of Texas at Austin
- Current Doctoral student in Economics, The George Washington University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Tutored accounting, finance, economics and mathematics at Harold Washington College in Chicago
- Expert tutor to graduate students and working professionals preparing for CFA and CPA certifications
We keep our network of tutors in any given city small - we only want to work with the best available private tutors. For an idea of the type of tutors we work with, browse our Tutor Team.
Student Feedback: Just a Few Examples
What We Tutor
We offer 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students such as math, physics, chemistry, English, and foreign languages. We also have tutors capable of helping with more advanced undergraduate and graduate courses, e.g. - physical chemistry, applied math, nonlinear dynamics, stochastic calculus, and many others.
MyGuru tutors will meet you at a mutually convenient location, such as a cafe, your home, or a library, at times that work for you. We do not require you to come to our office or classroom, thus saving you time and money. Our tutors can easily get to most areas of Washington, DC and outlying suburbs. We can also arrange online tutoring if that's your preference.
Our physical address in DC is:
We pride ourselves on offering exceptional value. We charge between $55 and $85 per hour, depending on the subject and tutor. Prices will vary depending on the subject and distance the tutor has to travel, but you can always expect to pay less than the large corporations for the same or better quality of tutors.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for overhead costs that don't contribute to your learning. Check out our Pricing Page for more information.