Online ACT Tutors
Our tutors start by listening to each student describe their experience with the ACT, target test date, perceived strengths and weaknesses, and target GRE score. By also reviewing previous official ACT scores or recent practice tests, we collaborate with the student to design a customized ACT study plan.
Our online GRE tutors receive training in the use our unique online tutoring tools and techniques. First, this covers training on the use of Realtime Whiteboard, which integrates with Skype or Google Hangout and allows for downloadable PDF summaries of each session as well as ongoing capture of all tutoring sessions that occur over time. Next, they receive a tablet with electronic pen such that they can practice using the whiteboard. Finally, they are asked to conduct a mock tutoring session with our Director of Online Instruction before being placed with their first ACT student.
Our team of online ACT tutors includes:
- B.A. in English, Brown University, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, perfect 4.0 GPA
- 5 on all AP Exams: Biology, Psychology, Calc AB, English Lit, Envir. Science, European History
- F.A. in Creative Writing (Poetry), Syracuse University, 4.0 GPA
- Previous Instructor at Syracuse Universityteaching: writing, rhetoric, and literature
- Published author in: CNN, Popular Science and GOOD Magazine
- Several years of freelance tutoring, primarily in test prep
- 99th percentile test scores on the: ACT, SAT, LSAT and GRE
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- GMAT – 780, GRE - M170 V167
- Private math, science, ACT, SAT, GRE, and GMAT tutor since 2012
- Demonstrated history of helping students achieve 90th percentile scores or better on the GRE
- B.A. in Film Studies, Columbia University
- GRE: 332, ACT: 36, SAT: 1560
- 5 years of experience tutoring: SAT, ACT, GRE and GMAT
- For Mike, great tutoring is always rooted in listening to a student's needs and concerns and working with that student as a team to solve those problems.
- B.A. in Political Science, University of Rochester, M.A. Archaeology, Durham University, United Kingdom, Ph.D. Archaeology,University College London, Postdoc in Archaeology at the Spanish National Research Council
- 98th percentile or better scores on the SAT & GRE, similar GMAT scores
- Tutored a variety of subjects for over 12 years, both independently and with firms including Kaplan, Summit Educational Group, and Chyten
- Tutoring style emphasizes creative and critical thinking
- Tutors for the SAT, ACT, GRE, & GMAT
This is not an exhaustive list of our online ACT tutors but should provide a sense for the quality and experience level of our online tutoring team.
Interested in hiring an online ACT tutor?
Additional Resources to Help You Prepare for the ACT
Check out our ACT/SAT & college admissions blog for the latest student testimonials, concept reviews, problem explanations, and advice on admissions.