Chemistry and Biology Tutoring
Our Biology and Chemistry tutors are extremely experienced. Like all of our tutors, they combine this experience with impressive academic backgrounds, a passion for teaching, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
We combine Chemistry and Biology into one area when organizing our tutoring team, because most of our best Chemistry and Biology tutors can handle all high school and many college level classes in both subjects. Our best tutors tend to have been Pre-Med, are current medical school students, or are even medical doctors who aren’t currently practicing.
Of course, we’ll connect you with a tutor that has specific expertise in your specific subject or class. For example, you’ll see below that Mary focused purely on Chemistry, but is a true organic chemistry expert.
Here’s an overview of one of our top Biology tutors, Andrew W:
- BS- Zoology, minor in Molecular Biology, Miami University (OH)
- MCAT: 34 (95th percentile)
- Currently a medical student at Chicago Medical College
- 5+ years as a private science tutor for high school and college students
Here’s an overview of one of MyGuru's top Chemistry tutors, Mary N:
- B.A. in Chemistry and Biochemistry - University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.S. in Organic Chemistry - University of California San Diego
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry - University of California San Diego
- 3+ years as a teaching assistant at UCSD for the entire series of organic chemistry classes
- 5+ years as a private tutor for chemistry classes
Over the past several years, we’ve helped students succeed in:
- Introductory high school chemistry and biology
- AP Chemistry and AP Biology
- Introductory and advanced undergraduate biology classes
- General, analytical, and organic chemistry