Because our excellent team of tutors is what differentiates us from the competition, the process we follow for continually attracting, interviewing, and onboarding tutors is critical to our success.
We don’t maintain rigid rules for recruiting tutors; we wouldn’t want an excellent tutor to fail our interview process because he or she had a test score that’s 1 point below a specific threshold. Instead, we want to build a team that we are proud to feature on our web-site and which is clearly among the most talented and effective in the industry.
That said, a typical MyGuru tutor will have:
- Attended a top U.S. university – generally in the top 100 as measured by U.S. News and World report (or a comparable international academic institution)
- Completed both a bachelor’s degree and an advanced academic degree (i.e., Masters of Science of Arts, or PhD) or professional degree or certificatio (i.e., MBA, JD, MD, CPA, CFA).
- Achieved standardized tests scores in the 90th percentile at a minimum
- Been tutoring or teaching for at least three years
- Been personally interview by one of MyGuru’s founders
- A general passion for teaching and tutoring
- A commitment to providing high quality, yet affordable tutoring and test prep