TEAS Exam Tutoring
The ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is designed to evaluate a student's readiness to enter nursing or allied health school. Schools rely on it because studies show a consistent link between a student’s performance on the TEAS and academic success in nursing school.
What is on the TEAS Exam?
The exam consists of 170 questions for which you are allotted 209 minutes, split into the following sections:
- Reading- 53 questions in 64 minutes with content that covers: key ideas and details, structure, integration of ideas
- Mathematics- 36 questions in 54 minutes with content that covers: numbers and algebra, measurement and data
- Science- 53 questions in 63 minutes, with content that covers: anatomy and physiology, life sciences, scientific reasoning
- English Language and Usage- 28 questions in 28 minutes with content that covers: English conventions, language knowledge, vocabulary acquisition
To learn more about the TEAS, visit ATI’s official web-site.
Our Approach to Preparing for the TEAS Exam
Working with a TEAS tutor from MyGuru is a customized experience featuring 1-1 instruction from a recognized expert that helps you get the score you need to be admitted into your target school. Students are asked to at least purchase ATI’s “TEAS BASIC PACKAGE” prior to their first session (the SmartPrep package is also an option, though far more expensive). The student is asked to complete the evaluation practice exam to identify strengths and weaknesses before the first session. After taking the online practice test, you are provided (by ATI) with a score report which highlights topics to review, and your tutor will use this to help you develop a customized study plan.
The first session involves a review of this diagnostic evaluation test, an overview of each section of the TEAS, and the development of a customized study plan, inclusive of homework to do from the ATI practice materials. This is followed by tutoring sessions that cover both test taking strategies for each section of the TEAS as well as content review where necessary. Guidance on when to take the practice exams to measure progress is also provided, with practice exams treated as another form of homework to be reviewed with the tutor in the next session.
Customized, 1-1 Expert Instruction
Most TEAS tutoring is delivered by practicing nurses or medical school students with substantial test prep tutoring experience. Here is some background on one of our experienced TEAS tutors, Julia:
- B.A. in Biological Sciences from the University of Chicago
- Medical student at the Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago
- 98thpercentile SAT and 99thpercentile MCAT scores
- Teaching Assistant, University of Chicago Department of Biological Sciences, covering courses including: biology, human physiology, and metabolism and exercise
- Substantial 1-1 tutoring experience in math, science, and test prep
Our base rate for private TEAS tutoring is $80, but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long-term rate of $80 × 85% = $68 per hour. After the first session, if you then choose to continue with a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $68 × 15 hours = $1,020.
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Diego
- SF Bay Area