Private GED Tutoring
We offer customized 1-1 tutoring to help you pass the GED.
The General Educational Development Test (GED) is made up of four sections designed to measure your mastery of the four primary high school subjects (Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies). This test is for anyone 16+ who is not currently in high school. Once you pass this test, you will have a high school equivalency diploma.
GED tutoring from MyGuru is a customized experience consisting of upfront diagnosis of strengths and weaknesses, development of a customized study plan, personalized tutoring, and assignment of weekly homework. Our GRE tutoring is delivered in your home, local library, coffee shop, or online. We offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages, as well as tutoring by the hour.
Sessions are available in major cities – or online using a virtual whiteboard.
Before the first session, students are asked to purchase Barron's How to Prepare for the GED Test book. The first session involves a review of a diagnostic test, an overview of each section on the GED, and development of a customized study plan. This is followed by a series of sessions in which strategies for each section of the GED are reviewed and practice problems are completed.
Customized, 1-1 Expert Instruction
All GED tutoring or GED packages are delivered by experienced, professional GED tutors, for example, Steve M.:
- BA University of Rochester (political science)
- MA Archaeology (Durham University in UK)
- PhD in Archaeology from University College London, postdoc in Archaeology at the Spanish National Research Council (2013-2015)
- 97th percentile GRE & SAT scores
- Extensive experience in private/semi-private tutoring and classroom instruction for 10+ years, both freelance and for large, nationally known firms
- Has taught, tutored, and mentored extensively during his post-graduate education in Europe
- Approach to teaching is tailored to the individual student, and emphasizes creative and critical thinking rather than a purely answer-based approach
Our base hourly rate for private GED tutoring is $65, with 5, 10, or 15% discounts for investing in 5, 10, or 15 hours in advance. That's a long term rate of $65 × 85% = $55.25 per hour. After the first session, if you then choose to continue with a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $55.25 × 15 hours = $828.75.
We encourage you to check around for a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 GED test prep from an instructor like our's can run well above $100 at other companies.
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.