Private Miller Analogies Test (MAT) Tutoring
Taking the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) can be stressful on students continuing on to graduate school. Private, 1-1 MAT tutoring provides both the knowledge and confidence one needs to succeed on this graduate school admissions test. Tutors work with students to develop a customized study plan that covers key facts and concepts as well as test taking strategies, helping them build on their strengths and address their weaknesses.
About the MAT
The Miller Analogies Test is a 60 minute test designed to examine an individual's capability to solve problems stated as analogies in order to determine admission into graduate school. A MAT score is intended to reflect candidates' analytical thinking skills in various academic subjects. There are currently over 500 Controlled Testing Centers (CTCs) that administer the MAT; each determines its own testing schedule.
Our Approach to 1-1 MAT Tutoring
An MAT Test Prep package from MyGuru is a customized experience consisting of a Barron's MAT Exam Study Guide and 5 to 15 (more or less can also be done) hours of one-on-one instruction from a recognized expert (delivered in your home or a local library). Students receive a prep book prior to their first session & complete a diagnostic practice test to identify strengths & weaknesses. The first session involves a review of this diagnostic test, an overview of each section of the test, and development of a study plan. This is followed by a series of one or two hour sessions in which strategies for each section of the test are reviewed & practice problems are completed.
Our typical package provides a total of 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 test prep, including the review of practice tests the student completes on their own time between sessions to measure and track progress. Of course, we also offer hourly MAT tutoring – just fill out the form below or email us at email@example.com to discuss your situation.
Customized, 1-on-1 Expert Instruction
All MAT tutoring is delivered by an expert tutor with experience providing tutoring for the Miller Analogies Test. Here is the background of one of our most experienced tutors, Stefan:
- B.A. Communications - University of Southern California
- M.S. Journalism - Northwestern University
- Official Test Scores: ACT - 36 (perfect score), SAT - 99th percentile
- Princeton Review administered test scores: GRE - 168, GMAT - 750, LSAT - 175 consistently over the past decade (95th -99th percentile)
- 12+ years tutoring starting with The Princeton Review in 2004, then added one previous smaller company, and then more recently independent clients
- Expert at all sections of standardized exams
- Has his own proprietary schedules, worksheets, and online approach to delivering customized test prep solutions
- Previous experience as a journalist with ESPN
We offer both in-person MAT tutoring and online MAT tutoring.
We charge $85, with 5, 10, or 15% discounts for investing in 5, 10, or 15 hours in advance – that’s $72.25 for a long term tutoring relationship of 15+ hours.
Our full 15 hour MAT prep package costs $1,025.00. This includes:
- Barron's MAT, 11th Edition Miller Analogies Test Study Guide
- 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 MAT tutoring
- A 20% off our base rate for any future or “last minute” 1-1 tutoring beyond the 15 hours
For more customized information specific to your city, use the links below to navigate to our location pages for refined pricing, example tutors, and additional contact information.
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Diego
- SF Bay Area