Why MyGuru - St. Louis?
It's easy to find tutors. It's hard to find reliable, highly qualified tutors at the right price and with the best customer service. That's where MyGuru steps in.
We were founded in Chicago on Northwestern University's campus in 2009, and we've expanded to most other US cities (and everywhere online) since then.
We work with students of all ages throughout the city of St. Louis and surrounding suburbs.
Our college students have attended Washington University in St. Louis, Saint Louis University, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Truman State University, and more.
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 312.278.0321.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
We have dozens of tutors ready to help you and they are all among the best tutors out there. Our typical tutor has:
- An undergraduate degree with high marks from a prestigious university and a Masters or Doctorate as well (e.g., a GRE tutor has a PhD from Stanford, a GMAT tutor has a MBA from Northwestern-Kellogg, etc.)
- 3-10+ years of tutoring experience
- Scored in the 95th percentile or above on the tests they are teaching
Here is a short bio of one of our St. Louis tutors:
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- GMAT - 780, GRE - Quant 170, Verbal 167
- Private math, science, ACT, SAT, GRE, and GMAT tutor since 2012 for the University of Wisconsin, MyGuru, one other company, and as an independent tutor
- Many examples of his students scoring above the 90th percentile on the GRE and GMAT after having developed a customized study plan with Igor and received guided instruction over the course of several months
- Visit our various test prep pages for more information regarding your specific exam needs
We keep our network of tutors in any given city small - we only want to work with the best available private tutors. For more examples of the type of tutors we work with, browse our Tutor Team.
To read reviews from past students and parents, visit MyGuru's Yelp Page or our testimonials page.
What We Tutor
We offer 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students, and many specialist subjects, such as Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, foreign languages, Statistics, Psychology, English and many more
If you are looking for TOEFL or Real Estate License Exam tutoring, try out partner firm Elite Home Tutoring.
MyGuru tutors always meet you at a mutually agreed upon location, such as a cafe, your home or a library. Our tutors can easily make it to most areas of inner city St. Louis and the outlying suburbs. We will work with your schedule and location preferences, making it most convenient for you when we can.
We meet at these various local places to save overhead costs, which saves you both time and money. Our physical St. Louis address is:MyGuru - St. Louis
5826 Clemens Ave. Saint Louis, MO 63112Again, these are administrative offices only. Almost all tutoring takes place in public locations, students' homes, or online.
We pride ourselves on offering the best value in the business. We charge between $45 and $125 per hour, depending on the subject and tutor.
Prices will be higher in the center of the city versus the outer suburbs, but you can always expect to pay less than the large corporations for the same or better quality of tutors.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for a bunch of overhead costs. Check out our pricing tab for more information. Check out our overall Pricing Page for more information.