Private Online LSAT Tutoring
Online LSAT tutoring can be more affordable, more convenient, and as effective as in-person LSAT tutoring.
Online LSAT tutoring from MyGuru, like our in-person tutoring, leverages 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests Volume V: PrepTests 62 through 71 (Lsat Series). We begin with a diagnostic initial session to identify key strengths and weaknesses, an overview of each section of the LSAT, and the development of a detailed study plan and a customized lesson plan designed to build upon your strengths and address your weaknesses. Periodic official LSAT practice tests will be incorporated in the customized lesson plans to help track progress.
Key Beliefs about Studying for the LSAT
We believe that:
- group classes provide little new info that isn’t contained in self study materials
- 1-on-1 tutoring provides a superior method of instruction, making possible continuous, targeted improvement
- the large well-branded test prep firms have made 1-on-1 test prep virtually unaffordable.
Whether you choose in-person or online LSAT tutoring, customized instruction can help you build your skills far more rapidly than self-study or large group classes.
Online LSAT Tutoring Increases Efficiency and Creates New Learning Options
Online tutoring is a form of tutoring that some students hesitate to engage in. While we of course understand this perspective, we ask students to take into consideration a few things about the online tutoring experience:
- With a good internet connection, the online experience can be similar to an in-person experience, in that you can "read and respond" to your tutor's verbal and non-verbal cues
- Writing on a virtual whiteboard can be very similar to writing on physical scratch paper
- Removing the requirement to travel to a physical location often saves both the student and the tutor time and money...
- ...and also tends to open up more scheduling options for both parties
- In some cases, online LSAT tutoring sessions can be recorded, so the student can review lessons to reinforce the concept or approach
For these reasons, in our view, online tutoring is at a minimum “as good” as face-to-face tutoring. In fact, it might be better. To read more about our perspective on online tutoring click here.
Customized LSAT Tutoring from an Expert Tutor
Our tutor team at MyGuru offers the highest caliber tutors at a lower price than many of the large tutoring companies. For example, consider Jayeeta and Virginia, two of our most experienced LSAT tutors:
- B.A. - Physics and Economics - Reed College, M.S. - Technology - MIT
- J.D. - University of Chicago
- GRE - 780 Math, 690 Verbal, GMAT – 710, LSAT – 172
- Worked for Kaplan while at MIT doing GRE Math
- Worked for SMART school in Newton, MA for 2 years
- Has done private tutoring in the SAT, LSAT, GRE, GMAT and general math and essay writing privately since 2004.
- Previously an academic counselor at the U of C Law School.
- University of Chicago, (AB) Honors, Concentration: History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Science and Medicine
- J.D. from University of Chicago Law School
- ACT - 33, SAT - 760 verbal, 760 math, LSAT - 175
- Former Kaplan Test Prep tutor, lead teacher, and 10+ years experience with private LSAT tutoring
Our online LSAT tutors will assess your starting point and help you develop a customized study plan to help you prepare for the LSAT as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our base rate for online LSAT tutoring is $90, but we also offer 5, 10, or 15 hour packages which come with discounts of 5, 10, or 15%. That's a long term rate of $90 * 85% = $76.50 per hour, which is what we always charge for the first session. If you then choose to continue with a 15 hour package, that's a total cost of $76.50 * 15 hours = $1,147.50
Additional Resources To Help You Prepare for the LSAT
To read about how our LSAT tutors help people develop strategies for passing the LSAT, click here. Check out our LSAT blog for the latest student testimonials, LSAT concept reviews and explanations, and advice on law school admissions. Example articles include: