Why MyGuru - Atlanta?
It's easy to find tutors. It's not so easy to find genuinely helpful, reliable, highly qualified tutors in Atlanta at the right price, along with a customized tutoring experience and a high level of customer service.
We offer 1-on-1 tutoring s for most academic subjects and preparation for standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, and LSAT. We also provide academic counseling and guidance for applicants to college and graduate school.
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (312) 278-0321.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
MyGuru - Atlanta is led by Mark Skoskiewicz, Founder of MyGuru.
Mark graduated from Indiana University with degrees in Finance, History, and Philosophy, worked as an economics tutor for the athletic department and for a private tutoring compay, and earned an MBA from Northwestern’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management before founding MyGuru.
More recently, Mark has been studying what drives improved academic performance. He completed, with Distinction, the University of California at San Diego Coursera course Learning How to Learn: Powerful Mental Tools to Help you Master Tough Subjects, has received professional development Growth Mindset training and has been featured on Fox News 32 Good Day Chicago and the popular blog the College Solution.
Our Atlanta Tutors
Our typical tutor has:
- an undergraudate degree with high marks from a highly selective university, and often also holds a master's or doctorate as well (e.g., initially, in Chicago, we focused on working with tutors from Northwestern University and the University of Chicago)
- 3+ years of tutoring experience with excellent feedback from students
- scored in the 95th percentile or above in any section of any standardized test for which they are tutoring
Suhas T., specifically, is one of our most impressive and qualified tutors in the Atlanta area. His background includes:
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Carleton College, Minnesota
- 1-on-1 tutoring of high school Mathematics and upper-division Economics college courses
- GRE Score: 333; Quantitative: 170/170, Verbal: 163/170
- 5 + years of private tutoring experience in Economics, Mathematics & Test Prep
We keep our network of tutors in any given city small - we only want to work with the best available private tutors. For an idea of the type of tutors we work with, browse our Tutor Team.
What We Tutor
We offer 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for:
- All major test prep and professional tests, including GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, CFA, CPA, ACT/SAT and many more
- All major academic subjects for college and high school students such as math, physics, chemistry, English, and foreign languages. We also have tutors capable of helping with more advanced undergraduate and graduate courses, e.g. - physical chemistry, applied math, nonlinear dynamics, stochastic calculus, and many others.
MyGuru tutors will meet you at a mutually convenient location, such as a cafe, your home, or a library, at times that work for you. We do not require you to come to our office or classroom, thus saving you time and money. Our tutors can easily get to most areas of Atlanta and outlying suburbs. We can also arrange online tutoring if that's your preference.
Our physical address in Atlanta is:
391 17th St.
Atlanta, GA 30363
We pride ourselves on offering exceptional value. We charge between $45 and $85 per hour, depending on the subject and tutor. Prices will vary depending on the subject and distance the tutor has to travel, but you can always expect to pay less than the large corporations for the same or better quality of tutors.
To compare, the cost for 1-on-1 tutoring with the same level of high quality tutors with two of our competitors:
- at Kaplan --> $150 to $200 per hour
- at Manhattan --> $200+ per hour
Why pay more? We charge you for the tutor's time, not for overhead costs that don't contribute to your learning. Check out our Pricing Page for more information.