Taking the ISAT or the SSAT can be stressful on young students. Private, 1-1 ISAT or SSAT tutoring can often provide both the knowledge and confidence one needs to succeed on these private school placement tests.
An ISAT or SSAT Test Prep package from MyGuru is a customized experience consisting of a test prep book and 5 to 15 (more or less can also be done) hours of one-on-one instruction from a recognized expert (delivered in your home or a local library). Students receive an ACT prep book prior to their first session & complete a diagnostic practice test to identify strengths & weaknesses. The first session involves a review of this diagnostic test, an overview of each section of the test, and development of a study plan. This is followed by a series of one or two hour sessions in which strategies for each section of the test are reviewed & practice problems are completed.
Our typical package provides a total of 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 ACT test prep, including the review of practice tests the student completes on their own time between sessions to measure and track progress. Of course, we also offer hourly SSAT tutoring – just fill out the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your child’s situation.
Customized, 1-on-1 Expert Instruction
All ISAT or SSAT tutoring is delivered by an expert tutor with experience providing tutoring for the ISAT or SSAT. Here is the background of one of our most experienced tutors, Bill K:
- BA - Political Science and History, University of Miami in Ohio
- PhD- University of Michigan (current)
- SAT:1530, ACT:33, GRE:1510 – all 99th percentile scores
- 5+ years as a private tutor for the ACT, SAT, GRE, ISAT, and SSAT
Our package costs $850. This includes:
- An official test prep book
- 15 hours of customized, 1-on-1 instruction from an expert MyGuru tutor
- A 20% off our base rate for any future or “last minute” 1-1 tutoring beyond the 15 hours
- An optional, completely free college financial aid planning session with Collegian Financial Group
We encourage you to do your research to determine whether you can find a better value. Typical hourly rates for 1-1 tutoring from an instructor like Mike at a larger national company can run well north of $100. If you prefer to simply invest in tutoring by the hour, we charge $65, with 5, 10, or 15% discounts for investing in 5, 10, or 15 hours in advance – that’s $55.25 for a long term tutoring relationship of 15+ hours.